Thursday, June 26, 2008

Just over there


Lately I've been reading a lot of the Magicistragic weblog, a relatively new venture helmed by an old pal (and some ragtag nutters along for the ride). Not since his days in the once respectable pages of Alternative Press has his vast cranial emporium of pop music fact and observation been put to such apt use. Each post explores a record that fell far through the cracks, and resolves whether or not justice was served by it having done so. I was pleased when he asked me aboard as a guest writer not so long ago. Just today Magic ran my first entry--a misfit toy from the purple scumstorm of 1997, a little-remembered disc by a Brit Pop band called Baby Bird. Check it out.

And while you're there dig into the stacks. I think the lot of it is fantastic.

No comments: