Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Shark sandwich.


Dedicated to my pals, Todd & Danielle, out in Bowling Green, and to the great poet, F.A. Nettelbeck, all of whom have stirred this shit loose.

Because it was a gift, and with uncompelled great humor am I listening to, for the first time, George Wright's 1957 Hammond stir-up record, George Wright Plays the Hotsy Totsy Organ. It's an amusing thing from a time when the sexiest thing around was a girl's knees. Anyhow, it's incredibly shitty and reminds me of a product called Hotsy Totsy, which is a caustic used to clean deep fryers in restaurant kitchens. There is a spider the size of the moon blocking the moonlight, and if I were fucking Napoleon I couldn't say with more strident conviction, I am in love with this thing.

The flapper on the sleeve is kinda janky, but I probably wouldn't kick her out of bed. Who knows.

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

You've inspired me to finally rip and play the shitty "Frank Sinatra Conducts Tone Poems of Color," 1955. Re-release 1999 and 2002, Capitol. Jacket features shitty poems by Norman Sickel, one of Franks radio writers: "Orange is the gay deceiver/ and I do deceive/ but nicely./ I am the daughter/ of the yellow laughter/ and the violet red!" Nelson Riddle, composer.

Bryan said...

Oh that sounds disgusting. You should definitely have at it. Please shoot me a line with your thoughts after the fact too. My head is up my ass and I'm just in love with stuff like this right now.

F. A. Nettelbeck said...

CAUSTIC.............now that's a great fucking word! LOVE YOU, bro...........