Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Shark sandwich.


Dedicated to my pals, Todd & Danielle, out in Bowling Green, and to the great poet, F.A. Nettelbeck, all of whom have stirred this shit loose.

Because it was a gift, and with uncompelled great humor am I listening to, for the first time, George Wright's 1957 Hammond stir-up record, George Wright Plays the Hotsy Totsy Organ. It's an amusing thing from a time when the sexiest thing around was a girl's knees. Anyhow, it's incredibly shitty and reminds me of a product called Hotsy Totsy, which is a caustic used to clean deep fryers in restaurant kitchens. There is a spider the size of the moon blocking the moonlight, and if I were fucking Napoleon I couldn't say with more strident conviction, I am in love with this thing.

The flapper on the sleeve is kinda janky, but I probably wouldn't kick her out of bed. Who knows.

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

You've inspired me to finally rip and play the shitty "Frank Sinatra Conducts Tone Poems of Color," 1955. Re-release 1999 and 2002, Capitol. Jacket features shitty poems by Norman Sickel, one of Franks radio writers: "Orange is the gay deceiver/ and I do deceive/ but nicely./ I am the daughter/ of the yellow laughter/ and the violet red!" Nelson Riddle, composer.

F. A. Nettelbeck said...

CAUSTIC.............now that's a great fucking word! LOVE YOU, bro...........